The Church of Christ began meeting in Ulysses in the late 1800s. Drought drove many families away, and no one knows whether the church continued to meet in the early years of the twentieth-century. However, records show that the church was meeting again by the late 1920s. At that time, members met in homes, then in a school building, and later in a court house. By the 1930s, the Great Depression thinned out the group, leaving only three women and four small children. In the 1940s the oil and gas industry and irrigation for farming attracted new families to the county, some of whom began associating with the congregation in Ulysses. Soon after, the church purchased its first building to be used for worship. In 1952 the church moved to another building, then in 1967 constructed the facility we now occupy. A daily five-minute radio program begun in 1965 has continued uninterrupted to the present time.